Transforming lives, organisations and communities through learning.
To deliver vocationally focussed tertiary education, research and technology transfer that ensures Auckland’s economy, graduates, employers and communities have the capability and skills to achieve their potential.
Manukau Institute of Technology recognises that we have a special obligation to serve the people, communities and employers of Counties Manukau and that achieving significantly improved tertiary education outcomes in this sub region is critical to both our mission and to the future economic and social prosperity of the nation.
For over 40 years, MIT has been one of New Zealand’s premier education and training institutes.
In addition to the main Manukau campus there are specialised campuses located throughout the city including locations at Newmarket, the CBD, Highbrook Business Park and Pukekohe as well as community learning centres within the greater Auckland region.
Manukau Institute of Technology has several key relationships with other institutes including: University of Auckland, Te Wananga O Aotearoa, Unitec NZ and Southern Cross University in Australia.
- New Zealand’s highest performing institute of technology
- Highly regarded by employers
- A national educational institution with a strong regional base and a developing international profile
- Degrees which combine academic rigour with applied practical skills
- Over 1500 courses making up foundation, certificate, diploma, and degree programmes, supporting progression from foundation level to higher level qualifications and employment
- Centre for art and design with a national reputation for its jewellery programmes
- One of the largest computer networks in New Zealand
- Purpose built restaurant and hotel training school for tourism and hospitality programmes
- An innovative and specialised performing arts centre
- A well regarded faculty of business
- New Zealand's only maritime training school
- Real learning to equip our students for employment
- Skilled professional teaching
- Supportive staff
- Small classes and personal tuition
- Modern state of the art equipment
- An attractive, peaceful tree lined environment
- Easy transport and motorway access