School of Horticulture, Landscaping and Conservation
The ultimate lifestyle career
If you love nature, the outdoors and being active, it doesn't get better than a career in horticulture.
New Zealand's moderate sub-tropical climate provides all kinds of opportunities for our horticulture industry. And with the right skills and qualifications, these opportunities can become yours.
From growing and producing fruit, vegetables and cut flowers for export, to nursery production, parks and reserves, to garden centres and landscaping, floristry and organics. Your options are exciting and wide-ranging when you choose a career in horticulture.
At the School of Horticulture and Landscaping we provide some of the most practically-based horticultural training programmes in New Zealand. Our facilities include a massive 1800 square metres of greenhouse, where a wide range of nursery, cut flower and hydroponic crops are grown.
Our outdoor facilities include a vegetable garden and an extensive nursery, including trees, shrubs, perennials and bedding plants that are sold to the public. Our students also take regular field trips as part of our programmes.
So if you're ready to pursue the ultimate lifestyle career, check out our programmes at the School of Horticulture and Landscaping at Manukau Institute of Technology. Some of our programmes are delivered on the Unitec campus, also Mt Wellington and other satellite sites.
- Certificate in Arboriculture (Level 3)
- National Certificate in Apiculture (Beekeeping) Level 2
- National Certificate in Apiculture (Beekeeping) Level 3
- National Certificate in Horticulture (Level 2)
- National Certificate in Horticulture (Level 3)
- Certificate in Horticulture (Level 4)
- Certificate in Landscaping (Level 4)
- Diploma in Horticulture (Level 5)
- Diploma in Horticultural Management (Level 6)
- National Certificate in Floristry (Level 2)
- National Certificate in Floristry (Level 4)
- Advanced National Certificate Floristry (Level 4)
- National Certificate in Parks & Reserves (Level 3)
- National Certificate in Conservation (Level 4)
- Horticulture and Floristry Short Courses
Like to apply for a course?
Simply download our application form (pdf) and post to:
School of Horticulture and Landscaping
Manukau Institute of Technology
Private Bag 94006
Or contact us for more information:
Phone: 0800 22 62 62
Fax: 09 968 7723