Graduate Certificate in Supply Chain Management Level 7
MIT offers flexible learning for you or your staff to help you succeed in business. These courses are short day courses, or are delivered part-time and by distance learning to help fit around busy lifestyles. If you don’t see anything here that meets your needs, we are very happy to customise and design courses for delivery at our premises or yours.
Prizes and scholarships are offered to selected students.
About the Programme
Become the strongest link in the chain
If you want to enhance your industry skills and knowledge and take your freight forwarding or logistics career along a management path, this programme has been designed with you in mind.
You may already be working in the industry in middle management or aspire to take on management responsibilities in the future. Or you may be looking to get into the industry.
When you graduate you’ll be able to efficiently carry out the tasks required of intermediate and management roles within the freight forwarding and logistics industry. You’ll be able to establish systems, research and develop solutions to problems, and implement and evaluate strategies for optimising efficiency.
|Study Method||Full-time or distance learning|
|Qualification||MIT Graduate Certificate|
One semester (full time)
|Applications||Close when the programme is full|
|Start Dates||February and July|
|International Student Fees||$8,725 per semester|
New Zealand Maritime School
Applicants must meet the following entry requirements:
- Have successfuly completed an appropriate NQF Level 6 or 7 programme, e.g. a Diploma in Business, Bachelor of Business or equivalent
- Have successfuly completed the MIT Diploma in Supply Chain Management (Level 5) plus relevant work experience
- Have successfuly completed the MIT Diploma in Shipping and Freight (Level 5) plus relevant work experience
- Have evidence of at least 3 years relevant work experience at a senior operational level or equivalent (prospective mature students may be asked to complete a research essay to show academic prowess)
- Have English language competence to undertake this programme which is taught and assessed in English. Any applicant whose first language is not English must provide evidence of an overall IELTS (Academic) band score of 6.0 (with no score below 5.5) or equivalent
Personal presentation and discipline, communication skills, attitude and motivation to learn and succeed will be determined through an interview. All applicants will be interviewed. The interview will also provide an opportunity to outline the programme and to ensure the applicant is aware of the course content and assessment policies. The interview will also ensure that the applicant has applied for the most appropriate level of programme by assessing work experience, prior learning and aptitude. Alternative means to assess these criteria will be adopted where an interview is not practicable, e.g. in the case of international applicants.
Note: Applicants are welcome to bring a support person to the interview.
Prospective students who meet the entry criteria and interview requirements will be accepted in order of application until the programme is full. Preference may be given to graduates from the Manukau Institute of Technology Diploma in Supply Chain Management.
Students who have attained the age of 20 years and do not hold the minimum entry requirements for a programme will be eligible to be enrolled as a student where their previous educational, work or life experience indicates they have a reasonable likelihood of success. Students who have not attained the age of 20 years and do not hold the required minimum entry requirements for a programme may also be eligible to enrol in exceptional circumstances. Such decisions will be made by the Faculty Dean.
Students complete the following courses:
- Managing Risk in the Supply Chain
- Transport and Maritime Law
- Logistics Practice
- Logistics Management.
Further Training or Study
Bachelor of Applied Management
Intermediate and management positions in the freight forwarding and logistics industry.