New Zealand Diploma in BusinessApply here now!
About the Programme
Improve your leadership skills for business success
The New Zealand Diploma in Business is a national qualification. Students gain a broad range of general business skills that can be applied in a wide range of industries.
You can complete the General New Zealand Diploma in Business in just two years of full-time study or up to four years of part-time study. Direct entry is possible and is subject to eligibility.
You can also choose to focus on accounting. Speak to your Programme Leader for more information.
Upon graduation you'll be ready to pursue a career in the business world or undertake further study with our Bachelor of Applied Management.
|Study Method||Full time or part time|
|Qualification||New Zealand Diploma|
|Duration||Two years (full time)|
|Applications||Close when programme is full|
|Start Dates||February and July|
|Fees||$5,500 (approx) per year|
|International Student Fees||$17,000 (approx) per year|
Faculty of Business and Information Technology
Students less than 20 years old must have:
- A minimum of 14 numeracy credits at Level 1 or higher in mathematics or pangarau on the National Qualifications Framework
- 50 credits at Level 2 or above with at least 12 credits in each of three subjects including a minimum of 8 literacy credits at Level 2 or higher in English or te reo Māori, 4 credits must be in reading and 4 credits must be in writing. The literacy credits will be selected from a schedule of approved achievement standards and unit standards. The schedule may be found on the NZQA website at http://www.nzqa.govt.nz/ncea/for-students/ue/litreqs.html
- Literacy credits may contribute to the requirement of the above, provided that a total of 12 credits have been achieved in English or te reo Māori or equivalent to the above requirements.
International Students where English is a second language must also have an IELTS score of 6.0 (academic) with no individual band lower than 5.5 or equivalent.
Applicants will be accepted in order of application.
Students who have attained the age of 20 years and do not hold the minimum entry requirements for a programme will be eligible to be enrolled as a student where their previous educational, work or life experience indicates they have a reasonable likelihood of success. Students who have not attained the age of 20 years and do not hold the required minimum entry requirements for a programme may also be eligible to enrol in exceptional circumstances. Such decisions will be made by the Faculty Dean.
Choose six courses from the following:
- Accounting Principles*
- Business Communication
- Business Computing
- Introduction to Commercial Law
- Organisation and Management
- The Economic Environment
- Fundamentals of Marketing.
Plus six optional courses made up of:
- Four Level 6 courses and
- Two Level 5 or 6 courses
Note: Students should discuss their study plan with the Programme Leader who can also advise on prerequisite and co-requisite requirements. Contact the Faculty of Business and Information Technology office on 09 968 7705 and ask for the Programme Leader.
Further Training or Study
Students commencing the New Zealand Diploma in Business can select a pathway that could lead to the Bachelor of Applied Management and this pathway selection will maximise the cross-credits they gain.
A wide range of junior management positions in New Zealand and overseas organisations.