Certificate of Achievement in Registered Nurse Competency to PracticeApply here now!
About the Programme
This course provides an opportunity for students to demonstrate their ability to meet the Nursing Council of New Zealand Registered Nurse Competencies and practice effectively within the New Zealand context.
The target audience is overseas Registered Nurses with recent practice experience or New Zealand Registered Nurses who have not been practising as Registered Nurses for a period of five years or longer. Enquiries are also received from a small number of Registered Nurses seeking to fulfil professional development requirements.
Please note: we are currently unable to offer places for International Students and Overseas Registered Nurses.
|Study Method||Full time (Part time clinical option available on request for NZ Registered Nurses)|
|Qualification||MIT Certificate of Achievement|
|Applications||Accepted throughout the year|
|Start Dates||Vary each year|
|Fees||$5,200 (approx) per programme
Faculty of Nursing and Health Studies
Applicants must meet the following entry requirements:
- NZ Registered Nurses: Evidence of Registration as a Nurse with Nursing Council of New Zealand (NCNZ).
- Overseas Registered Nurses: Provide evidence of registration as a nurse in the applicant’s country of origin
- All applicants are preferred to have a minimum of two years full time equivalent work experience as a registered nurse. Entry may be granted by the Dean of Faculty for applicants who have had less than two years full time equivalent work experience as a registered nurse but whose application indicates potential to succeed on the Short Award. These applicants may require extra time to demonstrate competency and will be informed that this will incur an extra cost
- All applicants must produce evidence of their immune status in respect of the following: Hepatitis B antibody status, Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Chicken Pox, MRSA, Mantoux skin test (if a chest x-ray is done after the Mantoux a copy of the report is to be provided)
- All applicants must provide indemnity insurance cover prior to beginning the course. This may be arranged through New Zealand Nurses Organisation, the College of Nurses Aotearoa (NZ) Inc, or a private insurer of the applicants choice. Note: It is the personal responsibility of each applicant to arrange for indemnity insurance cover
- Overseas Registered Nurses must meet the English language requirements of the NCNZ applicable at the time of the application (refer to the NCNZ for information on the required IELTS or equivalent)
- Overseas Registered Nurses must provide a copy of the English evidence provided to Nursing Council and the Decision Letter from NCNZ specifying that the English language requirements have been met.
Note: All applicants will be required to complete an MIT Faculty of Nursing and Health Studies application form which specifies work experience and preference for clinical placement.
|722.787||Registered Nurse Competency to Practice|