Early Childhood Education
If you enjoy being around young children, now is a great time to make a career of it. There is a constant demand for teachers of early childhood education, and you can gain the qualifications you need to take up this rewarding career at Manukau Institute of Technology.
The Bachelor of Education (Early Childhood Teaching) will prepare you with the knowledge and skills you need to guide young minds through these important developmental years. This degree programme qualifies you to teach in a wide range of early childhood environments including childcare centres and kindergartens.
Our Early Childhood Education lecturers have a wide range of skills and knowledge in the education of young children, and keep up-to-date with the latest research and developments in New Zealand and overseas.
Bachelor of Early Childhood Education:
- Three years, full time study
- Includes a practical component working within a licensed Early Childhood Centre
- Upskilling; $2000.00 grant available.*
* Please contact MIT for further information and entry criteria.
Your Career Opportunities
Some of the careers that students with this qualification enter include:
- Early childhood teaching
- Management and ownership of early childhood centres
- Lecturing in early childhood education.
Find out more about study for a Bachelor of Education (Early Childhood Teaching)