Student Statutes and Policies
Student Related Statutes
Please note: In the event of any inconsistency between the transition provisions listed above and provisions contained in statute, the relevant provision contained in the most recently approved statute shall prevail.
The Institute statutes have been reviewed and the above documents were approved by the Council on 31 May 2012 replacing the then existing statutes.
Student focussed content has been removed from the statutes to be included in the Student Regulations. This is intended to provide students with easy access to important Institute information.
Work is underway to draft the Student Regulations. In the meantime, the following transition arrangements remain in place:
- Student Discipline
- The Academic Regulations
- The Awards of the Institute
- Any other provision/s from the revoked statutes which, by omission, are not outlined above or covered by the newly approved Statutes 1 - 4, but which, for the effective operation of the Institute, may need to remain in effect until such time as they are replaced.
- Statute 04: Constitution and Operation of Academic Board and Committees (Incorporating the Academic Regulations and Awards of the Institute) (repealed 31 May 2012)
- Statute 08: Student Discipline (repealed 31 May 2012)
- Statute 09: Student Association Membership Status (repealed 31 May 2012)
Student Related Policies
- Anti-Harassment - Complaint Form
- Anti-Harassment - Procedures
- Anti-Harassment Policy (AM8)
- Cancellations, Withdrawals and Transfers of International Students Policy (AM5)
- Cancellations, Withdrawals and Transfers Policy (AM4)
- Complaints Resolution Policy (Excluding Harassment and Academic Appeals) (AM7)
- Computer User Regulations Policy (IT1)
- Fee Payment Policy (AM3)
- Misconduct in Assessment Policy (AC6)
- Parking Policy (FM2)
- Smoke Free Environment Policy (HR10)
- Student Misconduct Policy (AM6)