Let creativity shine, building on your passion for floristry, while working on large-scale projects.
Put your hard-earned knowledge to work and advance it by setting up large-scale projects, such as weddings and functions. Take the great opportunity to lead and support floristry team members to meet business goals. Then, combine this with learning how to fulfill specialised customer requests, giving them a cut-above experience that also meets industry standards.
MIT's floristry facilities enable practical, engaging learning, preparing you for the real-world industry of floristry. Experienced tutors give you a head start at creating your ideal floristry career.
||25 weeks (full-time, three days per week)
||Close when the programme is full
|International Student Fees
Information is correct at November 2016. Programme fees may vary depending on your final selection of courses that make up your programme. To provide you with an indication of costs, the approximate fees quoted on this website are based on the indicative 2017 fee structure. All fees are in New Zealand Dollars. If your fees are paid by credit card, a credit card fee will be payable in addition to programme fees. You will be advised of the current fees at the time of enrolment. All courses and programmes will proceed subject to numbers and academic approval. Manukau Institute of Technology is accredited under the provisions of the Education Act 1989.
Positions in various areas of the floristry industry
Students must successfully complete the following courses:
Advanced Floristry Hand-tied Skills - Level 4
- Prepare and construct advanced hand-tied floristry items for a range of purposes and occasions
- Apply design elements and principles to advanced hand-tied floristry items.
Advanced Floristry Wiring Skills - Level 4
- Prepare and construct advanced wired floristry items for a range of purposes and occasions
- Apply design elements and principles to advanced wired floristry items.
Advanced Floristry Base Medium - Level 4
- Prepare and construct advanced base medium floristry items for a range of purposes and occasions
- Apply design elements and principles to advanced base medium floristry items.
Staff and Store Management - Level 4
- Lead and support team members to meet business goals
- Monitor and manage supply of floristry goods.
Event Flowers - Level 4
- Identify new trends, designs and merchandise in the floristry industry
- Plan floral designs to meet customer needs
- Prepare quotes to meet customer and business needs
- Identify floral requirements for an event
- Prepare, construct and maintain large scale floral designs to meet event requirements.
17 weeks (full-time, three days per week) incl. two weeks break
||January, May and September
To find the start date of your programme intake listed above, please view our Academic Year and Key Dates
Faculty of Consumer Services - School of Horticulture and Landscaping
Please contact the Faculty for programme entry requirements.
Students who have attained the age of 20 years and do not hold the minimum entry requirements for a programme will be eligible to be enrolled as a student where their previous educational, work or life experience indicates they have a reasonable likelihood of success. Students who have not attained the age of 20 years and do not hold the required minimum entry requirements for a programme may also be eligible to enrol in exceptional circumstances. Such decisions will be made by the Faculty Dean.
For help with choosing a programme or for further information about studying at MIT please contact our Information and Application Centre.