Induction and Mentoring Programme for Provisionally Certificated Teachers
MIT offers a comprehensive induction and mentoring programme to help you develop effective teaching practices to meet the standards for full early childhood teacher certification.
You will be supported by a mentor teacher who is a fully certificated and experienced early childhood teacher.
In this programme you will get:
- an initial visit to introduce you to the programme and outline the Practising Teacher Criteria https://educationcouncil.org.nz/
- regular contact and visits to facilitate progress towards meeting these criteria
- observation, feedback and guidance for your teaching with reference to the current Practising Teacher Criteria
- collaborative goal setting and professional discussions with your mentor teacher and in-centre leader focusing on your learning and development.
- written documentation of your participation in the induction and mentoring programme including professional discussions and appraisal with planning for further support and development
- phone and email contact with your mentor teacher.
The cost for one year of a Provisional Teacher Induction and Mentoring Programme is $600 +GST.
For further information about this or other professional development programmes please contact:
Ph 968 7792 or 027 7033 493