What can I do after the MIT Trades Academy?
After successfully completing the one year MIT Trades Academy programme, you will have achieved at least NCEA level 2 at school and have a partial completion of a National Certificate from MIT.
You can then choose various options, but here are some ideas:
- Return to school to complete Year 13 and NCEA Level 3
- Go into full-time study at MIT (explore our free fee options)
- Pathway into employment with further training on the job
- Return to the Trades Academy to study more in your vocational area or explore another vocational area (for 2016 courses at level 3 are planned)
To find out the best option for you, the following can help:
- Talk to the careers advisor and/or teachers at your school
- Talk to the Trades Academy staff or MIT's Careers Centre
- Visit the rest of MIT's website for further study options
Contact our Information Centre who will be happy to answer any other questions that you may have
- Phone: 0800 on 0800 62 62 52
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Check out the Vocational Pathways profile builder to help select a pathway and find related jobs.
- Visit Careers NZ: Careers.govt.nz