Talofa lava, Kia orana, Malo e lelei, Taloha ni, Bula Vinaka, Fakaalofa lahi atu and warm Pacific greetings.
TEC has selected MIT to help support you with your transition from BEST Pacific Institute of Training to ensure you can complete your studies.
As you go through this challenging time, MIT would like to offer you support to ensure that we can assist you to transition from BEST to us to complete your studies.
We know how important your studies are to you and your family (fanau) and MIT is committed to making sure that when you enrol with us that you are well supported towards achieving your dream job or furthering your career.
MIT is more than just a tertiary provider, when you enrol with us, we are not just enrolling a student, we are enrolling your family to our MIT Pasifika family. We have strong connections to our Pasifika communities and understand the importance of education to our Pasifika students, families and communities.
We are committed to ensure that every Pasifika student at MIT can get personalised advice and plan the best study solution for you.
- Find out more about what MIT can offer for you and your continued study
- Talk about when you can start
- We can help you complete enrolment forms and student loans and/or allowances application forms
- We help you with developing an individual learning plan to enable you to complete courses on your programme.
Queries about your fees?
We have received some queries recently in response to MIT invoices issued for semester 1, 2018 and would like to clarify the situation with regards to transferring students from BEST Pacific Institute of Education.
- If you are former BEST Pacific students who has transferred to the same or equivalent programme of study at MIT you will have your BEST Pacific fees refunded in accordance with the NZQA Student Fee Protection Rules. This means if you transferred to the same or equivalent course of study you do not need to pay your MIT invoices until your refund has been processed.
- If you receive your refunded directly, MIT will be notified by NZQA and you will be required to pay your MIT invoice with those funds.
- If you are a former student of BEST Pacific who has started a different course or programme at MIT, then you must pay your MIT invoice and any refund from BEST Pacific will be dealt with separately.
MIT are working through the process with NZQA to determine exactly how the money will be refunded (whether to MIT, Studylink or the student directly).
We understand this situation is stressful for a number of you, but wish to reassure you of our commitment to you. As a former BEST Pacific students you will not be disadvantaged, course results will not be withheld and you won’t be prevented from graduating by reason of the unpaid MIT invoices.
If you are still concerned about your refund, NZQA may be contacted by the following means:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Want to know what your MIT study option is based on what you were studying at BEST Pacific Institute of Training?
If you have any questions, you can also contact us on phone or email. We have staff ready to help:
- Phone: 0800 ASK MIT (0800 275 648)
- Email: email@example.com
Why choose MIT?
- Our purpose is to get you into a great job
- We help make study work for you
- You'll be supported to succeed - view our services here
- We're part of your community
- We've got a Category One rating by NZQA, the highest possible rating
Find out more about why MIT is the right choice for you here.