Choose a career with endless opportunities.
If you are Māori and Pasifika and choose to study nursing or health with MIT, you’ll get support throughout your journey from study to employment, with Te Ara Oranga (TAO) workforce development service.
See below for eligible programmes.
Whether you are looking at becoming a registered nurse, or want to develop policy as a health practitioner, there are options to suit you at MIT. We have full-time, part-time, and online options so you can choose a study option to fit your life.
Get a career for life as a nurse.
Explore our nursing programmes:
- New Zealand Certificate in Study and Career Preparation (Level 4) Nursing Studies
- New Zealand Diploma in Enrolled Nursing (Level 5)
- Bachelor of Nursing (Level 7)
- Bachelor of Nursing Maaori (Level 7)
- Bachelor of Nursing Pacific (Level 7)
Make a difference in your community.
Explore our health and counselling programmes:
- New Zealand Certificate in Study and Career Preparation (Level 3) Nursing and Health Studies
- New Zealand Certificate in Health and Wellbeing (Level 3) strands Health Assistance or Support Work
- New Zealand Certificate in Health and Wellbeing (Social and Community Services) (Level 4) with strands in Community Healthwork and Mental Health and Addiction Support
- New Zealand Certificate in Health and Wellbeing (Advanced Support) (Level 4)
- New Zealand Certificate in Public Health and Health Promotion (Level 5)
- Bachelor of Applied Counselling (Level 7)