Datacom and Manukau Institute of Technology are backing two new scholarships for students studying towards a Bachelor of Digital Technologies degree. The two scholarships aim to encourage increased diversity in the tech sector with one available to a female student and the other to an applicant of Pacific or Māori descent.
With the new government announcing that first year fees will be free in 2018, the scholarship is structured to cover half a student’s tuition fees in second and third year between Datacom and MIT. As part of the scholarship, Datacom will be mentoring these scholarship students and offering an internship during their third year of study.
What is the criteria?
To qualify for the scholarship you must:
- Meet the criteria for the MIT Bachelor of Digital Technologies (Level 7)
- Have applied to study the MIT Bachelor of Digital Technologies (Level 7) full-time in the January, May or July 2018 intakes
- Be either female or Māori or Pasifika
- Be a New Zealand Citizen or Permanent Resident; and
- Complete the application form.
Terms and conditions apply.
When do you need to apply?
For Semester 2, 2018 applications close on Friday 29 June 2018.
Complete the attached application form.