Take the step towards a tertiary qualification
If you’ve wanted to study for a diploma or a degree, MIT can help you get there with our bridge to tertiary study options including our foundation programmes.
These study options have been designed for students who are new to tertiary study or didn’t get the necessary levels at school. Even better, the Level 1 and Level 2 programmes are free* so there are no fees to pay.
You’ll take part in a series of fun and practical group projects that teach you the fundamentals in reading, writing, maths, internet, combined with your chosen area of study.
Our bridge to tertiary options include:
- Get a head start on your fitness, literacy and numeracy requirements for your NZ Police application - Police Studies (Level 3)
See all our Foundation and Bridging study options.
Why choose MIT?
Your success is important to us and we have a wide range of student support services available free to you, with a team of highly qualified and friendly staff to support all your pastoral and academic support needs.
- MIT has been awarded the highest possible rating, Category One, by NZQA in the latest review. MIT is Auckland’s only Category One Institute.
- Small class sizes ensures personal attention – our tutors even know you by name.
- You’ll enjoy a supportive learning environment throughout your study journey.
* All Level 1 and 2 programmes excluding First Aid certificate courses will be free in 2019 for New Zealand citizens, residents entitled to reside in New Zealand indefinitely, and refugees and protected persons (under the Immigration Act 2009), of all ages, that are eligible for tertiary study. Free Study for Level 3 may be available for 16 to 19 year olds (Youth Guarantee). Free study for up to one year for Levels 3 and 4 may be available under Māori and Pasifika Trades Training (MPTT), a government-led training initiative to encourage young Māori and Pasifika people to gain trade qualifications. [All free study is subject to funding confirmation. ]Proof of residency status required. Entry criteria, and some costs, may also apply. Eligibility for student allowances or student loans may vary. Contact Studylink for more information.