New learners can get one year of Fees Free study. Find out if you can get the equivalent of one year’s full-time study (up to the value of $12,000) fees-free.
Who can get Fees Free?
What study options are covered?
The programme you are applying for must:
- be at NZQF level 3 or above;
- be approved by the New Zealand Qualifications Authority;
- comprise of at least 120 credits; AND
- not be part of a school learning programme or secondary-tertiary programme.
If you are unsure, please contact our friendly Ask Me! student services centre.
What does Fees Free cover?
- Tuition fees
- Compulsory course costs
- Compulsory student services fees
You may also be able to get a Student Loan to help with course-related and living costs. For more information on Student Loans and Allowances go to studylink.govt.nz.
*Free study for the first year of your Level 3 or above qualification may be available under the government’s fees-free study scheme. For more information and full eligibility criteria, please visit https://www.feesfree.govt.nz/eligibility-criteria/.