Sale and Supply of Liquor
Who should attend
For people who are responsible for liquor sale and supply in a licensed premises. By law, every hospitality business that sells alcohol must have a properly qualified person in charge at all times.
|Cost per participant (incl GST)||$295|
|Campus||MIT Otara Campus|
Learning material will be provided to you on the day of your class. An examination for a unit standard will take place at the end of each day.
|Next start date||Please see start dates below|
|Time||9.00am – 4.00pm|
|More scheduled dates||
Two Days (Minimum 10 per class*)
Friday 31 May and 07 June | 9.00am – 4.00pm (OTARA)
Friday 13 September and 20 September | 9.00am – 4.00pm (OTARA)
To enquire about this course or to register your interest, please contact the School of Culinary and Hospitality Studies on 09 926 7843.
This is a theory based unit standard course to help you gain your LCQ.
You will learn about:
- The Sale and Supply of Alcohol Act 2012 and its implications for licensed premises
- Management of alcohol and intoxication in licensed premises as a Duty Manager
- The responsibilities and requirements for alcohol service in licensed premises as a Duty Manager
- The maintenance of a safe drinking environment as a Duty Manager
- Participants must be able to demonstrate competence in written English to successfully complete the assessment for this course.
MIT Certificate of Achievement
Note: MIT will report your unit standards to NZQA and you can then apply to ServiceIQ for the official LCQ Certificate and then apply for the General Manager’s Certificate at your local council or District Licensing Committee DLC.
- Domestic Student
Complete a Short Course enrolment form and provide either certified or original residency document.
- International Student
Please contact administration on 0800 86 85 85 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to request International Enrolment forms.
These courses are not eligible for Student loans or allowances.
If paying by company order the request needs to be put through on a company order form or company letter and must state the company purchase order number, a contact person, the students name, the course the student is enrolling into and the fee payable.
Manukau Institute of Technology reserves the right to cancel or postpone a course with insufficient enrolment or for any other reason where cancellation is necessary before the course is planned to start.
Where Manukau Institute of Technology cancels or postpones a course, all enrolled students will be notified and student fees will be (as determined by the student) refunded or credited to another course.
To enquire about any of the Hospitality short courses please contact administration on 0800 86 85 85 or email email@example.com
- Otara Campus
Manukau Institute of Technology
Gate 14 Alexander Crescent Otara (NT Building)
- Auckland CBD Campus
The Rabobank Tower, Level 3
2 Commerce Street (Corner of Commerce and Quay Streets)
* Manukau Institute of Technology reserves the right to cancel or postpone a course with insufficient enrolment or for any other reason where cancellation is necessary before the course is planned to start.