As well as the breadth of full time programmes available at Manukau Institute of Technology, we also offer a range of short courses for those who wish to upskill or retrain in electrical, networking or programming certifications.
Note: There is a $150 International Student processing fee (this will apply to all International Students enrolling into our Short Courses in 2019).
In addition to those listed on these pages, courses may be offered in Motor Speed Control, Project Finance for Engineers, DeviceNet and SCADA if there is sufficient demand.
Please contact us to register your interest.
The following short courses are available in this area of study:
- Connecting Networks (Cisco CCNA 4)
- Electrical Inspector
- Electrical Registration Safety Refresher - Competency Course: Electrical Inspectors, Electricians, Apprentice Electricians and Electricians on Limited Licence or Pending Registration
- EWRB Practical Skills Assessment Stages One & Two - Electricians
- EWRB Practical Skills Assessment Stage Three - Electricians
- Introduction to Networks (Cisco CCNA 1)
- PLC Basics - A 'Hands-on' Workshop
- PLC Programming 1
- PLC Programming 2
- Routing and Switching Essentials (Cisco CCNA 2)
- Scaling Networks (Cisco CCNA 3)
- Electrical Service Technician (EST)