If you're not living at home or haven't got your accommodation sorted for while you're studying, there are a number of options available.
Homestay accommodation in a New Zealand home is always comfortable and it’s an opportunity to experience an authentic Kiwi lifestyle and connect with the culture.
What can you expect?
- Welcoming family environment
- You will have a separate bedroom and study area
- Clean bed linen and towel each week
- Laundry availability
- Nutritious breakfasts and dinners on every day of the week and reasonable lunches on weekends and public holidays
- You will be involved in family conversations, trips and activities
- Meet other New Zealanders
- Go around and see some places.
If you are looking for accommodation, MIT works with VCI Homestay as its exclusive provider of homestay accommodation for international students. Domestic students may arrange their own homestay accommodation, either using VCI’s services by contacting VCI directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or another suitable provider.
For international students:
Phone: 0800 648 2273 or 09 968 8742
For domestic students:
Phone: 0800 696 487
City campus accommodation
The New Zealand Maritime School city campus doesn't provide accommodation; but we can assist by providing information on local accommodation options. It is less expensive to stay further out of the central city, but then you'll have transport costs to consider.
If you are having trouble finding accommodation, please get in contact with our Student Advisors.