Māori and Pasifika Trades Training
Scholarships on offer for 2019
Māori and Pasifika Trades Training (MPTT) is an initiative to encourage young Māori and Pasifika people to gain trade qualifications, New Zealand apprenticeships and employment.
This Scholarship entitles you to free tuition fees for the 2019 academic year, 'Navigator' support to help guide and support you into a job in the trades, and a work readiness programme to help prepare you for work successfully.
Do you qualify?
You will be eligible for an MPTT MIT Scholarship if:
- You are of NZ Māori or Pasifika descent and aged between 16-40 years old; and
- You are a New Zealand Permanent Resident or New Zealand Citizen; and
- You are enrolled into an approved MPTT programme at MIT.
Please refer to the 2019 MIT MPTT Scholarship application form for more details relating to specific terms & conditions of this scholarship.
MPTT programmes for 2019
Building, Construction and Carpentry
Culinary and Hospitality
General Engineering Trades and Refrigeration
Plumbing and Gasfitting
The MPTT Scholarship provides funding ONLY for Students who study Full-Time
- New Zealand Certificate in Horticulture (Level 3) with a strand in Nursery Production
- New Zealand Certificate in Horticulture (Level 3) with a strand in Landscape
- New Zealand Certificate in Horticulture (Level 3) with a strand in Arboriculture
- New Zealand Certificate in Horticulture (Level 3) with a strand in Parks and Gardens
- New Zealand Certificate in Horticulture Production (Level 4) with a strand in Nursery Production
- New Zealand Certificate in Horticulture Services (Level 4) in Landscaping
- New Zealand Certificate in Horticulture Services (Level 4) in Arboriculture
- New Zealand Certificate in Horticulture Services (Level 4) in Parks and Gardens
You can also visit the Māori and Pasifika Trades website for more information.
How to apply for the MPTT Scholarship
- Complete an application form for the eligible programme of your choice, answering all questions and providing your supporting documents.
- Complete an MPTT MIT Scholarship Application form and return to the MIT MPTT Office either by post, email or in person.
- You will be notified by email once you have been approved for the Scholarship.
Contact our Office
For all enquiries regarding the MPTT Scholarship programme, please email us at email@example.com, or call us on 0800 62 62 52.
* All Level 1 and 2 programmes excluding First Aid certificate courses will be free in 2019 for New Zealand citizens, residents entitled to reside in New Zealand indefinitely, and refugees and protected persons (under the Immigration Act 2009), of all ages, that are eligible for tertiary study. Free Study for Level 3 may be available for 16 to 19 year olds (Youth Guarantee). Free study for up to one year for Levels 3 and 4 may be available under Māori and Pasifika Trades Training (MPTT), a government-led training initiative to encourage young Māori and Pasifika people to gain trade qualifications. [All free study is subject to funding confirmation. ]Proof of residency status required. Entry criteria, and some costs, may also apply. Eligibility for student allowances or student loans may vary. Contact Studylink for more information.