As a student at Manukau Institute of Technology you are required to read, understand and abide by the following regulations, policies and statutes.
Regulations are detailed documents approved by the Manukau Institute of Technology Council, which set out the rules governing matters affecting students at the Institute. Regulations are binding and are reviewed regularly.
- Student Regulations 2021 (effective Jan 2021) (1.4 MB)
- Student Regulations 2020 (525.6 KB)
- Student Regulations 2019 (1.2 MB)
- Student Regulations 2018 (1.1 MB)
Policies are more specific to Manukau Institute of Technology and how we do things here. They are approved by the Chief Executive or Academic Board. Policies provide high level direction and guidance, establish key principles and responsibilities, set fundamental requirements and limit and allocate responsibilities. Policies are binding and are reviewed regularly.
- AM3 Fee Payment Policy (799.1 KB)
- AM4 Cancellations, Withdrawals and Transfers Policy (659.9 KB)
- Cancellations, Withdrawals and Transfers of International Students Policy (AM5) (817.3 KB)
- Student Complaints Resolution Policy (AM7) (254.8 KB)
- AM10 Intellectual Property Policy (930.5 KB)
- HR10 Smoke Free Policy (462.9 KB)
- HR14 Harassment, Discrimination and Bullying Policy (474.7 KB)
- ICT1 Acceptable Use Policy (680.4 KB)
- ICT6 Information Security Policy (221.8 KB)
- Anti-Harassment - Complaint Form (259.5 KB)
- Anti-Harassment - Procedures (134.0 KB)
Statutes are high-level governing documents that set out the regulatory framework in which the Institute operates, according to government requirements. Approved by the Manukau Institute of Technology Council , statutes make provision for a regulation or policy to be made on the same topic. Statutes are binding and are intended to be permanent in nature and reviewed only as required.