Foundation Studies will help you on your journey towards further study or employment.
MIT's Foundation and bridging programmes help you develop the study skills, confidence and independence you need for higher learning – and we support you every step of the way.
Our courses in English, inclusive education, employment preparation, trades, engineering, business, nursing, science, social services and police studies will prepare you for further training and a variety of future employment opportunities.
Why choose MIT?
Our highly skilled teaching teams help you progress into further study. Our Foundation courses lead directly into higher level qualifications at MIT. Our classrooms are supportive environments that promote independence and confidence.
Our experienced and friendly staff are happy to help in any way they can, to give you the best possible chance at success. We'll guide you through your journey, help you choose what programme to study and provide advice on what level of study will best suit your career aspirations.
The following programmes are available in this area of study:
- New Zealand Certificate in Foundation Skills (Level 2) Industry Cadetship Projects in customer service, digital technology, financial administration or tourism
- New Zealand Certificate in Study and Career Preparation (Level 3) Pre-diploma engineering
- New Zealand Certificate in Study and Career Preparation (Level 3) Nursing and Health Studies
- New Zealand Certificate in Study and Career Preparation (Level 3) Police Studies
- New Zealand Certificate in Study and Career Preparation (Level 3) Social Work