Study with Manukau Institute of Technology (MIT)
Auckland, New Zealand
As an international student there are a lot of factors in choosing where you study. You need confidence that your qualification will set you up for a good job when you graduate. MIT has been awarded the highest rating, Category One, by NZQA so you can have confidence in MIT as your choice for international study.
By choosing MIT you will gain the industry-specific skills you need to get a great job, and gain real-world experience while you study. There’s something for everyone – from entry-level certificates to diplomas, degrees and graduate diplomas. We also offer English language and study preparation programmes to support your study in New Zealand.
Find out why MIT is the right choice for your international study.
Why choose MIT?
- Graduate with real job experience: Your first day at MIT is like your first day on the job. At MIT you’ll develop industry-specific skills and knowledge with real hands-on experience. Many of our programmes include structured student projects with innovative businesses. Our lecturers will work closely with you and New Zealand industry leaders to make sure your training gives you the practical skills and knowledge you need to succeed.
- Personalised teaching: With many of our classes being small, our lecturers know you by name.
- Student support: You'll be supported throughout your student journey – from application and throughout your studies, to finding your dream job when you graduate.
- Recognised world-class educators: MIT is one of New Zealand’s largest, high-quality institutes of technology (ITP). New Zealand’s ITPs are recognised globally as having first-rate facilities, technologies and teaching approaches.
- Specialised ESOL teaching and support: MIT is set up to support students who don't have English as their first language. We offer English, IELTS preparation, IELTS testing and foundation programmes (for academic studies).
MIT offers a wide range of programmes to choose from.
International study grant of up to $5,000^
Here at MIT we’ll support you into full-time study in 2022 if you are a new international student looking to start a 3-year degree in business or digital technologies at MIT, or if you are looking to develop your career with a postgraduate or master's programme in digital technologies.
- Bachelor’s programmes (business and digital technologies): $5,000
- Master's programme (digital technologies): $5,000
- Postgraduate diploma programme (digital technologies): $2,500
^Entry criteria and terms and conditions apply, see study grant page.
Academic and language entry requirements
You must meet both the academic entry requirements and English language entry requirements to be eligible for entry into the programme you apply for.
For entry requirements refer to the 'Entry Requirements' section for your chosen programme.
If you don’t meet the English languages requirements, you can sit your IELTS academic test at MIT as we are an official British Council ELTS test centre.
You can also refer to:
Studying in a new country is an exciting and challenging time. MIT has support services in place to help you to adjust and make the most of your experience.
You'll meet MIT's support staff during orientation at the beginning of each intake and they'll be able to help connect you with MIT's services for international students including:
- Health and counselling
- Student mentors
- Library and learning support
- Chaplaincy and religious support
- Pastoral care
- Career and employment solutions.
Feel at home in New Zealand
New Zealand is a peaceful, safe, multicultural and welcoming country which provides a fabulous lifestyle and adventure opportunities everywhere you go. You can enjoy an outdoor lifestyle year-round with a range of attractions to explore while you study in a highly developed English-speaking country.
Auckland is regularly ranked one of the world’s most liveable cities with its beautiful beaches, bush-clad ranges and busy urban centres. The city also has a vibrant mix of urban, rural, industrial and coastal influences. Its urban areas reflect an active multicultural community where you can experience the latest art, theatre and music.
Just up the road from our campuses is one of New Zealand’s largest shopping centres at Sylvia Park. There are also many other shopping destinations throughout the city. For those who love the outdoors, Auckland has an extensive coastline and stunning regional parks to explore. Visit www.aucklandnz.com for more information.
Auckland enjoys a temperate climate. Summers are dry and warm with daytime temperatures averaging 19–25ºC, while winter temperatures are a little cooler, averaging between 12–18ºC.
How to apply
To study at MIT you need to apply through the international team or with a registered education consultant.
You'll be guided through the seven steps to the application process:
- Decide on your programme and check out our academic year and key dates
- Check that you meet the entry requirements
- Cross-credits and recognition of prior learning
- Apply to study
- Accept Offer of Place
- Apply for student visa
- Pay your fees.