Frequently asked questions
Answers to your FAQs around Disability Support.
Advice for Students with a Disability
Ten musts for students with a disability and/or impairment:
- Gather as much information about the programme/course
- Talk to us early - email Disability Support to make an appointment before you enrol
- Bring to the appointment evidence of disability/impairment
- Find out what is available to meet your needs
- Be open about services, resources, alternative print formats, examination arrangements you may need
- Where possible, talk to current students about the programme (e.g. workload, pressures, etc)
- We strongly encourage you to use your initiative to sort out problems with the help of the Disability Support team
- Where possible, access computer equipment you may require now and become familiar with it before the programme starts (e.g. assignments must be typed; computers used for research, etc)
- Know your rights - for more information go to Human Rights Act 1993
- Realising your success will be your responsibility.