Welcome to the Manukau Institute of Technology. We’re delighted you've enrolled to study with us.
To enable your study journey to get underway as smoothly as possible, please follow the steps below to get yourself set up with the online tools that will help you to be study ready from day one.
Follow the guide below to find your student ID, user name, set up your password, MIT email and log into Canvas (our online Learning Management System) or you can download the steps. PDF, 227.49 KB or watch a video tutorial here
Step 1. Locate your student ID and user name
Your student ID and username can be found on your Statement of Fees. This was sent to you with your confirmation of enrolment.
If you can't find your statement of fees, please contact our friendly Ask Me! Student Services team on 0800 62 62 52 and ask for your student ID number and user name.
Step 2. Change your password
Open a web browser and go directly to our password reset tool: https://reset.manukau.ac.nz/.
Follow the instructions to reset your password using a personal email address or by text message.
If you want to reset using your password which MIT has provided your account; your username and the existing password will be as follows:
- User name: Found on your statement of fees (as step one)
- Your temporary password: mit$(followed by your student ID)
Your new password must be a minimum of 9 characters long and contain an uppercase, lowercase, number and a special character e.g. ExamplePassword1$.
Note: No username or name is allowed in your password and you cannot use your previous last five passwords.
Once your password is accepted you will receive a success message on the screen.
Contact our Ask Me! student services team to update your personal details if required.
Step 3. Accessing MIT email – manukaumail
Open your browser again and enter: http://home.manukau.ac.nz
Click on 'Student Mail'.
Your MIT email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Your password will be the updated password that you have just set up.
Step 4: Log in to Canvas
Canvas is Manukau Institute of Technology’s Learning Management System (LMS). Canvas is the central place where you will engage with your learning materials during your course. Once you have changed your password successfully, you are ready to login to Canvas.
Go to canvas.manukau.ac.nz.
Log in by using your Manukau student email address and the new password that you set up in step 2.
Email: email@example.com Password: New password
This will take you to the Canvas page. First-time users will be prompted to accept the terms and conditions of Canvas, after reading them and the policy.
Click on the dashboard icon and you will see all the courses in which you have been enrolled.
Second or subsequent visit to Canvas
Go to canvas.manukau.ac.nz.
Enter your full MIT email address and your password. This will take you to the Canvas page.
For any Canvas related issues, you can call the Canvas help desk: 0800 569 020
For any MIT-based IT issues, you can contact Technology Services help desk: 09 968 7676 option 2 or 0800 62 62 52 option 3.
Sign up to the Learner Portal
The Learner Portal is where you can see your timetable, confirmed results and pay your fees.
To login to the Learner Portal you will need:
- Your username: E.g. username1234.
- Password: This is different from your manukaumail or Canvas password. You need to set this up if you are a first time user. Enter your user name and then go to the Forgot your password link. An email will be sent to your email inbox for you to reset your password.
- Click the link and enter your date of birth as requested.
- Returning students: If you have forgotten your password, please reset by clicking on the Forgot your password link.
If you are having difficulty logging in to the Learner Portal, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Register for the Career and Employment Solutions jobs board
Career and Employment Solutions(CES) Portal is our Online Job Board, exclusive to MIT’s students and graduates.
1. Go to www.manukau.ac.nz/jobs and register by clicking on “Create an account”
2. Click on “First Time Login”. For current students logging in for the first time, please type in your manukaumail email address to receive your password, then check your manukaumail. The link emailed to you will only be active for 24 hours.
3. Your username: This is your MIT email account email@example.com
4. Once done, you’ll see the following message. A link to set your password have just been emailed to you with the email address you just submitted. Please now check your inbox.
5. Check your MIT email inbox.
6. Once the email is received, click on “Set Your Password” and follow the instructions.
Student support services
Our specialised team members can help get you sorted before and during your learning journey. Whether it’s sorting out your travel options to and from class, creating a home-study plan, help to find financial assistance, or support with an issue that’s affecting your study, we’re here to help connect you with what you need to succeed.
To find out more about our support services and how to contact them, click here.
Check out a few of our team members and some of the services that we offer.
Who do I contact if I still have questions about onboarding?
Q. I have a question about my enrolment
Q: I'm not sure who my lecturer is or how to contact them
A. Please contact the administration team for your campus and they will be able to assist you.
MIT Manukau campus admin team on firstname.lastname@example.org
MIT Otara campus admin team on admin_OCCampus@manukau.ac.nz
MIT TechPark campus admin team on Technology_Administration@manukau.ac.nz
Q: I'm still having trouble logging in
A. Contact our student advisors on 0800 696 487 or email email@example.com for guidance getting set up.
For any MIT-based IT issues, you can contact Technology Services help desk on 09 968 7676 (option 2) or 0800 62 62 52 (option 3).