- Started my journey into cookery as an apprentice for the Southern Pacific Hotel Chain in 1994.
- Went on to work overseas for 2 years in London and came back to New Zealand in 1999.
- Took up some temping jobs over the millennium until opening the Duxton Hotel as a sous chef in 2000.
- Remained in that position for 4 years until moving to a food and beverage manager’s role at another restaurant before moving to an executive chef’s role at a conference and events centre.
- 2 years on took the opportunity to apply for a lecturing position at M.I.T. and have been in that position for coming up 10 years.
- Worked in Samoa for 2 weeks for M.I.T. and NUS exchange in 2008.
- Currently working for City and Guilds as an External Verifier and for World Skills New Zealand as a skills manager for Cookery.
Why I love MIT
The people here are amazing, we are a big family with a massive focus on being real.
Every day is different and I love working with students. The Faculty of Consumer Services is high performing and we are all driven by a passion to make a difference in people’s lives and getting students into great jobs.