MM, Grad Dip Applied Learning
|Phone:||+64 9 975 4709|
|Email:||Click here to email Tania|
Manukau Institute of Technology
Tania joined MIT part-time after completing a Graduate Certificate in Multimedia and Bachelor of Visual Arts, while also running her own web design business. She soon joined MIT full time and has taught in Business Services, Information Technology and Management.
Tania currently teaches the Project Management, Advanced Project Management and Digital Media Communication papers here at MIT, and is also Chair of the Programme Committee (2016) for the Bachelor of Applied Management. Tania is also an Adjunct Lecturer for Southern Cross University Masters degrees offered at MIT. She is an active member of the Project Management Institute New Zealand (PRINZ), running the Mentoring Programme for the Northern Branch, with a special interest in project management education in schools.
- Self-Assessment and review developing capability
- Project management education
- Learning and Teaching Symposium – March 2014 Brigham Young University, Hawaii
- Weterman, L., Weterman, F., & Hogan, T. (2011). Simulation and Industry Mentors as a pathway to learning ‘near world’ Project Management. Proceeding of the 8th Project Management Australia Conference Sydney, Australia, 2-5 August 2011
- Article in: ProjectManager.com
Weterman, L., Weterman, F., & Hogan, T. (2011).
Member of the Project Management TROQ Working Group: this working group wrote the courses for the new Project Management courses at levels 4 and 5 for NZQA.
Supervision of industry projects for the following programmes:
- Bachelor of Applied Management
- Graduate Diploma in Project Management
Awards and grants
SLENZ (Second Life Education New Zealand) project to bring Second Life into use as a classroom tool. The project won joint third in the EduBlog 2009 Awards for Best Educational Use of a Virtual World! http://slenz.wordpress.com/ Merle Lemon and Tana Hogan
- Coordinator for PMINZ Mentoring Programme 2012-2016
- Board member PMINZ Northern Region
- PMINZ – Faces to Facets of Project Management, National Conference 2012 (session moderator for workshop - Making Project Managers look good, by the little PMOs that could, delegate)
Memberships and affiliations
- Programme committee chair (2016) – Bachelor of Applied Management
- Member of PMINZ