Become a tradie and get a career that will set you up for life.
There’s always demand for skilled tradespeople ready to fill well-paid jobs. And, with so much work available, you could even start your own business.
Study with MIT and you'll get the hands-on experience you need to succeed in your chosen trade. It doesn't matter your level of education or experience. We have a course that suits you.
MIT degree grads earn more*
Recently analysed Government data shows that MIT degree holders have the highest employment rates in the country five years after finishing their degrees. They can also expect to be among the best paid. Explore your study options and become one of MIT grads who earn more.
The following programmes are available in this area of study:
- New Zealand Certificate in Construction Trade Skills (Level 3) (Scaffolding and Brick and Block laying) Allied Trades Strand
- New Zealand Certificate in Construction Trade Skills (Level 3) with a strand in Carpentry
- New Zealand Certificate in Electrical Engineering Theory (Level 3)
- New Zealand Certificate in Electrotechnology (Level 3) with strands in Installation or Service
- New Zealand Certificate in Mechanical Engineering (Level 3)
- New Zealand Certificate in Plumbing, Gasfitting and Drainlaying (Level 3) (Pre-Apprenticeship)
- New Zealand Certificate in Refrigeration and Air Conditioning (Trades Assistant) (Level 3)
- New Zealand Certificate in Telecommunications (Level 3) with strands in Copper Network Maintenance, Optical Fibre Network, and Transmission
- Certificate of Achievement in Computer Aided Drawing (Level 5)
- Certificate of Achievement in Computer Numerical Controller Setting and Programming (Level 5)
- Certificate of Achievement in Solid Works and Computer Aided Manufacturing (Level 5)
- New Zealand Certificate in Construction Related Trades (Main Contract Supervision) (Level 5)
- New Zealand Certificate in Mechanical Engineering (Advanced) (Level 5)