The time is now – put your plans in place for 2024
Come join us to start or progress your enrolment in time for our classes starting in February.
- Speak to our experienced subject experts about the programme or courses you’ll enrol in
- Accept your offer of place, get your documents certified and progress your enrolment
- Find out more about the support services available.
Ready to apply, or not sure what to study?
- Find out more about our programmes and find a study option that suits you
- Get answers to questions you may have or get help with your application
- Take a guided tour of our Manukau campus (clinical learning suites) or TechPark (trades and engineering campus)
- If you’re ready, you’ll be able to apply and start your enrolment.
What you need to know
MIT Ōtara campus
Thursday 15 February, 4-6pm
Join us if you are interested in:
- Baking, Culinary & Hospitality
- Education (Early Childhood, Primary & Tertiary Teaching)
- English & IELTS
- Floristry & Hairdressing
- Foundation & Bridging Studies
- Pacific Languages & Te Reo Māori
- Social Work
- Sport & Police Preparation.
Address: Tanoa Room, Pasifika Community Centre, enter via Gate 12, Ōtara Road, or Gate 14, Alexander Crescent, Ōtara.
Parking: Enter the campus through Gate 12 or Gate 14. There is parking outside building NO where the Pasifika Community Centre is located. Parking is free after 4pm.
Map: Ōtara campus
If you can't find your subject area, are unable to make a session, are unsure what to study, have questions, or don't want to wait for our Enrolment Days, you can still drop and see us during our opening hours at MIT Ōtara and MIT Manukau.
What to bring:
- Bring your identification (ID) document or certified copy of your ID to process your application or enrolment (e.g. NZ Birth Certificate or Passport). If you have already applied, you will need your ID, references, and any other documents we've asked you for, so we can progress your application further. What documents you need to bring.
- If you want to go on a tour you will be required to wear covered toe shoes.
- Explore our areas of study
- Upcoming intakes
- Programmes available at each of our 5 campuses
- What you’ll need to apply
- How to get study ready
- Student services available to help you succeed
"I really enjoy the environment here, and how the lecturers support me. MIT stands out because of the hands-on experience we get. The staff and lecturers here are very helpful and supportive.
We go out on field-based hours which has encouraged me, and given me the confidence to become an early childhood teacher.
The advice I would give to someone studying at MIT would be don't be nervous because you have a very supportive team at MIT to help you out."
MIT early childhood education student
"It’s very practical at MIT and that’s what I love about it. Learning is very engaging because we’re always very involved, it was very hands-on. What’s being taught to you is exactly what you need when you go out into the world when you get that job. My advice is don’t be afraid, just do it."
MIT social work graduate
"I chose to study at MIT because of its strong academic reputation. The graduate diploma allowed me to develop industry-specific skills and the professors are world-class.
The training I gained set me up for a career in almost any sector I could imagine. My qualification is recognised anywhere in the world.
MIT digital technologies graduate
“MIT is a great place to study. From the first moment I arrived, I felt welcome and like part of a big family. The small classes, great resources and support from our amazing lecturers kept me on track. They were always available when we needed help.
The practical skills I learnt at MIT gave me confidence during my placements and I graduated feeling well prepared to enter the workforce.”
MIT nursing graduate
"We have small class sizes, so you get more one-on-one time with the lecturer, which is amazing.
MIT is a really good school. It's given me the techniques, the talent, and the way of doing things in the right way."
MIT floristry student
“I loved that MIT gave me the flexibility to study while still being a full-time mum. The practical elements of the course made my learning meaningful and through the internship programme, I was offered a job.
During my studies, the lecturers provided professional guidance and they continue to give me valuable career support.”
MIT business graduate
"I chose to study here because I feel more comfortable in this environment. You’re not just a number. Our lecturers know you, they know your name, and they know your lifestyle. It’s like a family here at MIT.
There is lots of variety and opportunities to apply our learning. We are learning in the books, we are learning with technology and we are learning hands-on. I’m learning heaps and it has been the best experience."
MIT sport student
"I began studying at MIT instead of doing year 13 at school, and I’m so glad I did. It offered great facilities and our learning was very hands-on, which made it fun. We also had great support throughout from our tutors, who were mostly ex-tradesmen. Their strong industry connections meant we had a head-start when it came to securing a job after graduating.
If you’re considering MIT, I’d say go for it; It can really take you places. You’ll be well qualified and prepared for the workplace."
MIT trades graduate
"Everyone I graduated with got jobs quickly, and there are so many opportunities with ICT in New Zealand and overseas. Thanks to what I learnt at MIT I can quickly pick up new technologies and techniques, and use them effectively in my job.
My employer has commented on the strong industry knowledge I gained at MIT and the new ideas I continue to bring to the company."
MIT digital technologies graduate
Event photography and video notification
Please be advised that photos and videos will be taken during the event for possible inclusion in media and printed material. By remaining in the immediate vicinity of the event, you are giving Te Pūkenga t/a Manukau Institute of Technology your consent to photograph and record your picture, likeness, voice and statements.
If you do not wish to be included in the photos or video, please see one of our event team on the day so we can ensure you are not included.