Interested in studying at SSTS? What’s next?
Step one: Decide if SSTS is right for you
First you need to decide if SSTS is right for you. The best way to do this is to visit SSTS at the MIT Ōtara Campus to see what it’s like. Gate 11A, 54 Ōtara Road.
To book this visit; contact the Schools and Communities Liaison team on 0800 62 62 52 to make an appointment.
Step two: Get a copy of the application forms
There are two application forms that need to be completed.
- Student application form PDF, 66.33 KB – This is completed by student
- School endorsement form PDF, 55.61 KB – This is completed by your dean, house leader or deputy principal at your school (if currently enrolled)
There are four ways to get a copy of these forms:
- Download and print the forms
- Pick up a brochure from our Ask Me! Student Services Centre (includes both forms)
- Contact the schools and communities liaison team and we’ll post one out to you
- Download a SSTS brochure PDF, 512.23 KB which contains the forms.
Step three: Get the school endorsement form completed
Get the form to your contact at school to get them to complete and return the school endorsement form. They can Free Post it to the address on the form or email it to: firstname.lastname@example.org together with the student form
Step four: Complete and return the student application form
Before you start with your application form you’ll need to get hold of the following documents:
- Birth certificate or a passport
- Record of academic learning (from your previous school)
- Record of attendance (from your previous school)
- Record of pastoral (from your previous school)
- School endorsement (from your previous school) if it hasn’t e-mailed yet to the school
Step five: Interview
We’ll contact you by phone, email or text to arrange an interview with you. In this interview we’ll chat about:
- Why you are interested in coming to SSTS?
- Why things didn’t work out at your previous school?
- What you think needs to change if given a chance to join SSTS?
- What you want for your future? Do you have a career in mind?
The aim of the interview is to make sure that SSTS will be a good fit for you and so we can understand what support you need to succeed.