You may find that you need a laptop to study here at MIT. Most students will find they already own a laptop that is suitable for study here.
If you need to purchase a new laptop, there are a number of ways to finance it. Students can use the Studylink annual course materials allowance to purchase their device if they have an approved student loan. Please visit www.studylink.govt.nz
A number of retailers including PB Technologies and Noel Leeming offer special deals, discounts and financing options. Leading retailer PB Technologies operate an IT support store onsite at MIT Manukau.
How to access the BYOD computer environment
Using your own device on campus is simple - just follow these steps:
- Power up your device and ensure you are connected to the Internet.
- Download and install the Citrix Receiver (if you have not previously installed it) from https://www.citrix.com/go/receiver.html
- Open your favourite internet browser and navigate to our BYOD portal https://apps.manukau.ac.nz
- Enter your Manukau Institute of Technology username and password and click the Log On button.
- Select the MIT Desktop from the Desktops tab.
For further information and technical guides please visit the ICTS website.