Reduce the period of supervised Dynamic Positioning (DP) sea time days by a maximum of 30 days with the satisfactory completion of an intensive DP Simulator Course.
This course enables graduates to operate vessels safely in DP, with regard for safety of life at sea and protection of the marine environment.
Participants will learn:
- Operational administration planning, risk assessment and hazard identification tasks, checklists, logs and how to perform thorough watch handovers
- Knowledge of the DP system and additional equipment and instruments
- Situational awareness and the ability to analyse trends and pre-empt problems before they arise
- Set up the DP system for a designated task
- Communication and team work skills and the discussion of systems failures
- Decide on courses of action based on systems failures in a calm manner with reason and confidence
- Reacting to alarms and printer readout and initiate DP Alert status alarms.
Enquire upon application for start dates
*Minimum numbers apply to run this course and may be cancelled closer to the time.
|Time||8am - 4pm|
|Study location(s)||New Zealand Maritime School|
Please contact us for more information
|Domestic fees||$3,500 (approx.)|
|International fees (NZD)||NZD$3,500 (approx.)|
|Offered by||School of NZ Maritime|
For more information email email@example.com, phone 0800 62 62 52 or enquire below.
Information is correct as at October 2019. Programme fees are based on a full-time student and may vary depending on your final selection of courses that make up your programme. To provide you with an indication of costs, the approximate fees quoted in this publication are based on the indicative 2020 fee structure. The indicative programme fees for 2020 do not include the Compulsory Student Services Fee (CSSF). The CSSF is an additional levy to your 2020 programme or course fees. Further information about the CSSF can be found here www.manukau.ac.nz/cssf. Programmes stated as eligible for free study in 2020 are based on the 2019 fee structure and subject to funding confirmation for 2020. All fees are in New Zealand Dollars. You will be advised of the current fees at the time of enrolment. All courses and programmes will proceed subject to numbers and academic approval. Manukau Institute of Technology is accredited under the provisions of the Education Act 1989. International students must study in class and will not be able to enrol for online study options.