New Zealand STCW certificates are issued in accordance with the requirements of the International Convention on Standards of Training, Certification and Watchkeeping for Seafarers 1978, as amended (STCW).
The STCW 2010 Manila amendments introduced new requirements for all seafarers holding STCW certificates. These include a requirement for seafarers renewing STCW certificates of competency to provide additional evidence to ensure their certificate is valid for service on certain types of ship after 31 December 2016.
The following short courses are available in this area of study:
- STCW Advanced Fire Fighting
- STCW Elementary First Aid
- STCW Fire Fighting and Fire Prevention
- STCW Medical First Aid
- STCW Proficiency in Charge of Medical Care
- STCW Proficiency in Designated Security Duties
- STCW Proficiency in Survival Craft
- STCW Refresher Advanced Fire Fighting
- STCW Refresher Fire Fighting and Fire Prevention
- STCW Refresher Personal Survival Techniques
- STCW Refresher Proficiency in Survival Craft
- Refresher STCW Training