At Manukau Institute of Technology (MIT) our purpose is to get people into great jobs. We have been changing lives in South Auckland since 1970, and we are one of the largest providers of technical, vocational and professional education in New Zealand.
Every year approximately 15,000 students, including 1,000 international students, choose to study with us. We deliver academic qualifications from certificate to degree level and our students graduate with the real world practical experience they need.
MIT has seven campuses, located in Ōtara, Manukau, Māngere, Otahuhu, Warkworth and Auckland's CBD, as well as community learning centres within the greater Auckland region.
MIT recognises that we have a special obligation to serve the people, communities and employers of South Auckland. Achieving significantly improved tertiary education outcomes in this region is critical to the future economic and social prosperity of New Zealand.
- 14,545 students enrolled at MIT
- 37% Pasifika, 18% Maori
- 49% are under 25 years old
- 77% of our 2016 graduates are now in employment or further study
- We offered 238 programmes of study, and 1,707 courses.
To deliver vocational, technical and professional tertiary education, research and technology — giving graduates, employers and communities the knowledge and skills to achieve their potential, and further grow the Auckland economy.
Our values highlight what's important and how we do things at MIT. They span the beliefs, principals and attitudes that make up the spirit of our organisation.
- We are real. We admire people who are genuine and honest; down-to-earth people who reflect the way we like to teach, with practical, hands-on learning that leads to real skills for real jobs in the real world. We are genuine, honest and down-to-earth.
- Manaakitanga. We genuinely care for others, so we make people feel welcome through kindness, understanding and respect. We make them feel appreciated by acknowledging their contributions – all of which creates an environment where achievement can be nurtured. We care for others to nurture achievement.
- We are connected. We build valuable partnerships with industries, businesses and individuals, where knowledge is shared and created without silos, fences or egos. When others talk, we really listen. We're open and approachable. Because we want our networks to be strong and our relationships to be genuine and long-lasting. We are well connected, open and approachable.
- We are excellent. To help people become the best they can be, we aim higher in everything we do. So we push boundaries and exceed expectations. It's the way we achieve great results and the reason we get to celebrate success. We get great results and celebrate success.
School of Business
School of Digital Technologies
- Digital Technologies
School of Nursing
School of Health and Counselling
- Health Support
- Mental Health
- Public Health and Health Promotion
- First Aid –Short courses
School of Automotive
- Automotive Technology
School of Professional Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
School of Building and Civil Construction
- Building, Construction and Carpentry
- Construction Management
School of Engineering and Trades
- Electrical Trades
- Mechanical Engineering Trades
- Plumbing, Gasfitting and Drainlaying
- Refrigeration and Air Conditioning
School of Education
- Early Childhood
- Tertiary Teaching
School of Languages, Literacy and Numeracy
- Literacy and Numeracy
- Pacific Languages
- Te Reo Māori
School of Logistics
School of NZ Maritime
- Domestic Maritime
- Marine Engineering
- Nautical Foreign-Going
School of Social Work and Sport
- Social Work
- Applied Sport and Recreation
- Sport and Exercise Science
School of Primary and Creative Industries
- Landscaping, Nursery Production and Parks and Gardens
School of Hospitality
- Baking and Patisserie
- Hospitality and Café, Barista and Restaurant
- International Diplomas in Cookery and Baking
School of Employment Pathways
- Employment Preparation
- Police Studies and Security
- Inclusive Education
- Animal Care
- Foundation and Bridging Studies
School of Secondary-Tertiary Studies