Study with Manukau Institute of Technology
Auckland, New Zealand
As an international student there are a lot of factors in choosing where you study and with who. You need confidence that your qualification will set you up for a good job when you graduate. You also want trust and reassurance that the educator provider is of the highest standard. Manukau Institute of Technology (MIT) has been awarded the highest rating, Category One, by NZQA in their latest review (2016) so you can have confidence in MIT as your choice for international study.
Having study options that give you a qualification that's valued by employers is also very important. By choosing MIT you will gain the industry-specific skills you need to get a great job, and gain real-world experience while you study.
There’s something for everyone — from entry-level certificates to diplomas, degrees and graduate diplomas.
We also offer ESOL English language and study preparation programmes to support your study in New Zealand.
Check out your study options and see why MIT is the right choice for your international study.
Prefer to read this page in a different language? Choose from a language below.
Why choose MIT?
- Trusted education provider - MIT has been awarded the highest possible rating, Category One, by NZQA in the latest review in 2016.
- Specialised ESOL teaching and support - MIT is set up to support students who don't have English as their first language. We offer General English, IELTS preparation, IELTS testing and Foundation programmes (for academic studies).
- Areas of study - MIT offers a wide range of academic programmes to choose from. We teach real skills, from real people, to help you get real results.
- Graduate with real job experience - Your first day at MIT is like your first day on the job. At MIT you’ll develop industry-specific skills and knowledge with real hands-on experience. Many of our programmes include structured student projects with innovative businesses. Our staff leading these programmes will work closely with you and New Zealand industry leaders to make sure your training gives you the practical skills and knowledge you need to succeed in today’s competitive job market.
- International student support - You'll be supported throughout your study journey; from application to landing in New Zealand, and through your studies to getting your dream job.
- Personalised teaching - With many of our classes being small, our tutors even know you by name.
- NZ Government tertiary education institute - MIT's purpose is to deliver theoretical teaching with practical industry-specific skills and experience employers want.
- Recognised world-class educators - New Zealand’s institutes of technology are recognised globally as having first-rate facilities, technologies and teaching approaches. MIT is one of New Zealand’s largest, high-quality institutes of technology.
- Discover Auckland- Auckland is regularly ranked as one of the world’s most liveable cities. Its beautiful beaches, bush-clad ranges and busy urban centres make it a world-class city. Auckland enjoys a temperate climate. Summers are dry and warm with daytime temperatures averaging 19–25ºC, while winter temperatures are a little cooler, averaging between 12–18ºC.
- Discover Manukau- Much of the Manukau region is still green farmland, but at the same time it’s a thriving industrial and commercial hub. Its urban areas reflect an active multicultural community where you can see the latest art, theatre and music. Just up the road is New Zealand’s largest shopping centre at Sylvia Park. For those who love the outdoors, Manukau has a 320-kilometre coastline, an array of stunning regional parks nearby and the Auckland Botanic Gardens.
Feel at home in New Zealand
New Zealand is a peaceful, safe, multicultural and welcoming country which provides a fabulous lifestyle and adventure opportunities everywhere you go. You can enjoy an outdoor lifestyle year-round with a range of attractions to explore while you study in a highly developed English-speaking country.
Auckland is regularly ranked one of the world’s most liveable cities with its beautiful beaches, bush-clad ranges and busy urban centres. The city also has a vibrant mix of urban, rural, industrial and coastal influences. Its urban areas reflect an active multicultural community where you can experience the latest art, theatre and music. For those who love the outdoors, Auckland an extensive coastline and stunning regional parks to explore. Visit www.aucklandnz.com
Find out more about:
Academic and language entry requirements
You must meet both the academic entry requirements and English language entry requirements to be eligible for entry into the programme you apply for.
For entry requirements refer to the Entry Requirements section for your chosen programme.
You can also refer to:
How to apply
Check out our academic year and key dates.
You'll be guided through the seven steps to the application process:
- Decide on your programme
- Check that you meet the entry requirements
- Cross-credits and recognition of prior learning
- Apply to study
- Accept Offer of Place
- Apply for student visa
- Pay your fees.
Studying in a new country is an exciting and challenging time. Manukau Institute of Technology has support services in place to help you to adjust and make the most of your experience.
You'll meet Manukau Institute of Technology's Support staff during Orientation at the beginning of each intake and they'll be able to help connect you with MIT's services for international students including:
- Health and counselling
- Learning support
- Student mentors
- Fitness centre
- Computer suites
- Pastoral care
Find out more about the support MIT provides our International Students.