From the biggest construction projects to the smallest computer components, Professional Engineering graduates from MIT have the skills to make things work.
At the School of Professional Engineering we teach the specialised skills that industry demands. Our internationally-recognised programmes are accredited by Engineering New Zealand (EngNZ), and we offer courses to suit every level from foundation certificates through to Bachelor's degrees.
Our qualifications allow you to enter the industry faster than the traditional 4-year Bachelor of Engineering. If you've already got experience you can fast-track your qualification through our Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) programme. And if you want to continue with higher study at university, our programmes will open the door for you. Whatever your pathway, our excellent support services and connections to local industry will set you up for success after graduation.
To find the Programme Structure for Graduate Diploma in Engineering (Level 7), click here.
To find the Programme Structure for Bachelor of Engineering Technology (Level 7), click here.
MIT degree grads earn more*
Recently analysed Government data shows that MIT degree holders have the highest employment rates in the country five years after finishing their degrees. They can also expect to be among the best paid. Explore your study options and become one of MIT grads who earn more.
The following programmes are available in this area of study:
- Bachelor of Engineering Technology (Electrical) (Level 7)
- Bachelor of Engineering Technology (Mechanical) (Level 7)
- Graduate Diploma in Engineering (Level 7) with Strands in Electronics, Power and Mechatronics
- Bachelor of Engineering Technology (Civil) (Level 7)
- Graduate Diploma in Engineering (Level 7) Mechanical strand
- Graduate Diploma in Engineering (Level 7) Civil strand, with specialisations in Road and Transport, Structural, and Water and Water Waste