Get a rewarding career for life with endless opportunities in the nursing and health industry.
- Our focus is to help you develop the skills and knowledge you need to get the job you want
- Our programmes are designed for the real world, whether you qualify as a registered nurse, counsellor, enrolled nurse, mental health worker, health support assistant, pharmacy technician or health promoter
- We provide flexible study options to suit your life
- We’re located in the heart of Manukau, with transport options on our doorstep
- We provide additional support for Māori and Pasifika with Te Ara Oranga
- We have outstanding lecturers who are committed to helping you achieve your study and personal goals.
MIT has been awarded the highest possible rating, Category One, by NZQA in the latest review in 2016.
Choose a career with endless opportunities
With our core value of excellence and our high completion rate, most of our graduates are successful in obtaining local or international employment within six months of graduating. This is aided by our industry connections which could introduce you to your future employer or to organisations who know the value of MIT graduates. When choosing a career in nursing and health, you’ll feel rewarded every day.
Start here and go anywhere with endless opportunities in nursing and health.
Is real job experience important to you?
We work closely with the healthcare community and we’re proud to have a long-standing relationship with Counties Manukau District Health Board and other DHBs in Auckland - giving our students invaluable practical experience in real-world situations.
As a nursing student, you’ll combine coursework with clinical placements to develop a sound theoretical knowledge base and practical skills.
This means you may get to apply your skills in dedicated education units and exchange ideas with other members of the healthcare team.
Flexible study your way
Full-time study isn't possible for everyone, so we've developed varying course structures to make it easier for you to get qualified. There's a flexible study option that suits your life.
See the short courses and flexible study options available:
You're local like us
There’s no need to travel into the city when everything you need is right here at your fingertips. You can feel at ease knowing that you can complete your entire qualification with us here in the heart of Manukau.
We’re conveniently situated above the Manukau train station, directly next door to the Auckland Transport Bus Station and have the Westfield shopping centre and parking on our doorstep.
As locals we share the unique perspective that makes us a community. Individually we may come from many different cultures, ethnicities, backgrounds and histories and even geographical locations, but at MIT Manukau we share a set of insights, values and sense of place that makes our success possible.
With many of our classes being small, you are known by name, and our staff work closely with you to help you achieve success.
We'll help you succeed
You’ll be supported by our friendly, knowledgeable staff to ensure you succeed at MIT and in your career.
We believe in our students and their potential to make a valuable contribution to healthcare at all levels. We want you to succeed and pride ourselves on the positive learning environment and support we offer you.
If you are Maori or Pasifika you can get additional support on your study journey with Te Ara Oranga.
Te Ara Oranga will support you to succeed in a way that suits your needs and you will get connected with industry, opening doors to your nursing and health career pathway.
Get a taste of your dream job
We would like to help you make the right decisions when choosing and planning your study with us.
- If you would like to speak to someone about your study options our team is here to help.
- You can also book a tour of MIT Manukau to see how we prepare our students with the practical skills and knowledge employers want.
- Or request a call-back and we’ll be in touch to help you decide on the best solution for your situation.
If you want a rewarding career where you can make a difference to individuals, communities and the nation's health and wellbeing, you've come to the right place.
Join us now for a future full of possibilities.