A new centre of excellence for engineering and trades education.
Manukau Institute of Technology (MIT) is creating a new centre of excellence for engineering and trades education in South Auckland. MIT TechPark will be a purpose-built facility with the latest technology and innovations to ensure quality training for all.
MIT TechPark will bring all the institute’s trades and engineering schools under one roof for the first time since MIT was founded almost 50 years ago, these include:
Classes for all schools relocating to MIT TechPark will be scheduled well in advance and prospective students will have access to indicative timetable information early. Once enrolled, personal timetables will be made available on MIT Learner Portal.
Construction is well underway of the new MIT TechPark premises, it will be ready and open to welcome students and learners from Semester 2, 2020. The facility will house approximately 1,000 equivalent full time students plus industry and training, Trades Academy and 120 staff members.
- Apart from a few tie beams in the platform, all foundations to the main building are complete.
- Blockwork to the warehouse life has been completed to the mezzanine level.
- Critical sub-slab services have been completed where the passage through the foundations is required.
- Both floor slabs in the office structure are complete.
- Work has started cutting the existing ground, winning material for backfill and the retaining walls on carparks.
- Structural steel to office roof has started.
- Services installation is due to commence.
Please click on a thumbnail image below to enter the gallery.