On this page you'll find useful information to help you succeed at MIT from day one.
Getting ready for life as a student
Orientation and Pōwhiri
- Student Advisors: Our advisors can help with creating a home-study plan, financial assistance, issues affecting your study, or simply help you to get organised and get going.
- Learning Centre: We are here to help you succeed, with assistance in study skills, computing, maths, English language and more.
- Student Voice: The Student Voice is a group of students who listen to students and speak for them with MIT Leadership to ensure MIT is student-centered.
- Health and counselling: As a student at Manukau Institute of Technology, you have access to friendly professional health and counselling services.
- Disability Support: Our services are here to help you make the most of being a student.
- Chaplains: Need someone to listen? We're here because we care.
- International Student Support Services: Studying in a new country is an exciting and challenging time. We can help you adjust and make the most of your experience.
- Campus maps
- Email access: Access your MIT email address.
- Canvas: Log into your MIT learning management system.
- Office 365: Get the latest version of the full Office productivity suite, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, and more for free.
- Career and Employment: Register for jobs, find employers and access career resources.
- Sorted.org.nz: Help with budgeting
- Student loans and allowances: Get your Student Loans and Allowances sorted.